As Indians, we love to showcase our styles at weddings. We need to dress the best whether it is for our wedding or somebody else’s. But what about the style? Weddings are generally focused on what the bride or the women of the family is going to wear. But what about the men? The boys of the family should also look at the best and the groom (of course). So let’s talk about the options the groom or the groomsmen has for the grand day.
The modern groom should pave his way and leave an impression on everybody while entering with the baraat to snatch the limelight for the rest of the day. Let’s have a look at the numerous points that should be kept in mind while going for your perfect sherwani:
- THE COLOUR: The first thing that should be kept in mind is the color of the sherwani. Wedding sherwani should be the one that goes perfectly with the bride’s attire. Nowadays, you can go for any color you like and it’s good news that the colors are no longer limited to only the monochromes but also any combinations that you like. Go for the color that you are most comfortable with for your day.
- STYLE: Style is something that you choose on your own based on your opinions. No one can know you better than you know yourself. There are numerous out of the world designers that you have as your options. Have fun and don’t hesitate to try out a variety of styles and go with the one that you think is THE ONE.
- THE DESIGN: The design of the groom sherwani can either make your day or break your day. There are an enormous amount of options available starting from plains to prints to embossed patterns to different varieties of embroideries. You have to choose the design and the colors based strictly on your appearance and physique. If you are tall and have the perfect body you may have to go a different route from the boys who look tubby and whose diet didn’t go so well. Worry about nothing. You just to make the choice from among the alternatives and everything will be at your doorstep. Don’t forget about the hundreds of photographs that you will be taking for your big day. They are the memories you will want to cherish for your entire life. Make your choices wisely and in a way that will not let you down or you will not be embarrassed while zooming the photo in and out or showing the pictures to your children.
- THE MATERIAL: Since it is your wedding and you want everything to be just perfect, don’t forget to invest your hard-earned money in your sherwani for wedding that you will be the most comfortable in. The material that you choose will determine your mood for the entire day and don’t buy something that you will be uncomfortable in. Take your time and don’t hesitate to try out different styles and materials and make the final decision only after choosing the one that shall be easy to wear and also very comfortable. Velvet sherwanis can definitely give you the regal and royal look that you want for your day but they might be slightly on the expensive side but they will definitely do justice to your big day. Silk sherwanis can be the most comfortable one to wear to such an extent that you may not even have to wear any kurta or clothing underneath. Cotton is the most popular choice for people who want to keep it absolutely subtle with no grandeur whatsoever.
- FITTING: The size and fitting of your sherwani will completely justify the look that you are going for. The length of the kurta has to be strictly kept in mind while going for the sherwani. Use shoulder pads if you will that you are too slim or your sherwani is too loose. Comfort should be your first priority always as it going to be a long day. Keep room for adjustments and make sure to have options for alterations and you will good to go.